Well, it’s been a great summer. I would have blogged more but was just too busy having fun 😉
Here are a few of my favorite highlights:
1. In June, I was incredibly blessed with the opportunity to be pampered for a week with my grandparents on a cruise to Alaska. It was so nice and relaxing to get away without having to cook or clean, with no worries or work.
Every evening we had a fancy dinner in the main dining room, where we ate with a couple from Alabama. They were also believers, and it was so nice to enjoy fellowship with them.
My favorite thing about Alaska was breathing in the cool fresh mountain air and being able to smell the pine trees. The snow topped mountains were beautiful and watching huge whales spouting was pretty incredible also. It was so hard to come back home.
2. After I got back from Alaska, I had an interview with the coordinator of the Paramedic program at the community college. I was accepted right away into the program!! (it’s hard to get into) so I enrolled (and paid) for classes for the fall 2012 semester, with the plan of going there for 3 semesters to become a Paramedic (right now I’m certified as an EMT-Basic).
3. Last month, my family went to Alberta, Canada for two and a half weeks. We were able to spend time visiting with family and friends while we were there, as well as go to Banff, see the hoodoos, and have fun being all together.
During the two weeks, we went up to Prairie Bible Institute for their Homecoming. Both of my parents went to Prairie (that’s where they met), so they went for the reunion. While we were there, the teens took a tubing/rafting trip on the river, and I went with. When we got back, I had so many bug bites that I was on Benadryl pretty much the rest of that weekend, so I didn’t get to check too much into the school.
On the way back home, we stopped at Mt. Rushmore, SD! We were able to see it at night and in the daylight. The Black Hills of South Dakota are really beautiful. That night, the sky was clear and there were billions of stars out. I for one, was in awe of God’s majesty and his beautiful creation.
4. Last weekend, my mom, little brother and I took a quick one day road trip down south to visit my grandparents and aunt/uncle/3 cousins. My sister is in Haiti on a missions trip, so she couldn’t go with us.
On Sunday afternoon, I took the kids out to play laser tag. We also did a “laser maze” – it’s a bank “vault” with security lasers like in the movies that you have to make your way through without touching the laser beams. I had never done anything like that before so it was really fun to try. Afterwards, we went to Braums and got ice cream. I also got to go see the new dance movie with my cousin K. It was fun to spend time together! I love my family.
5. After we got back from Canada, I went back to working many hours at my retail job. Sometimes it can be very exhausting work but I enjoy it. Since the holidays are coming up quick, there are a lot of new hires. I am enjoying getting to meet quite a few new people. Actually, one of the new hires happens to be none other than my sister! I hope she doesn’t mind me sharing her news, but I am excited for her.
The only disappointing thing about that is that I won’t get to actually work with her since I just put in my 2 weeks’ notice to take a leave of absence for this school year. Because…
6. In a week and a half I will be moving to Canada!!!
To be continued in part 2